Last updated November 2, 2017.
Thank you to everyone who helped make our 2017 season so successful!
Bookings are well underway for 2018 so please contact us well in advance to avoid disappointment.
For the comfort and safety of our guests and crew, both on board our ship Great Bear II and on all wildlife viewing excursions off the ship, smoking is not permitted.
For the safety of the wildlife we encounter and for the privacy of those on board our ship and others that may be nearby, we are drone-free.
To plan your Custom (Private) Charter, please contact our office for prices and availability.
*Prices above are in Canadian dollars and subject to 5% GST (applicable tax)
*Prices above are per person.
What's Included in the price of your trip:
- Private accommodation (based on double occupancy), aboard our 54- foot ship, Great Bear II.
One single berth is also available.
- All bedding, including cozy duvet with cover, bottom sheet, 2 pillows with cases complete your
bed on board. Large bath towels and facecloths are provided, with hand towel changed daily in
the two bathrooms on board.
- "Aveda" personal care products are used on board, including shampoo, conditioner, body-wash
and hand cream.
- We now have a water maker on board, which allows our guests and chef, less restrictions with
- All snacks, appetizers, meals, and non-alcoholic beverages from Lunch on Day 1 to Breakfast on your last day.
- A selection of some of B.C.'s finest wines (all Vintner Quality Assured (VQA) are served with
appetizers and dinners.
- The professional services of our Captain/guide, Chef, Crew Person/naturalist, and on some trips,
a "photographer in residence" to work with guests on photography in the field.
- On some days, we will have First Nations Guides from local villages guiding with us.
- Guided excursions off he ship each day. Number and duration of excursions depend on tides,
weather, and previous wildlife sightings.
- Knee high rubber boots are needed each time you leave the ship. If you would prefer to use our
rubber boots rather than bring your own, please advise us of your size.
- Fishing equipment should you wish to help provide your Chef with the "Catch of the Day".
(You will need to purchase a fishing license before you arrive. By law, we are not allowed to
purchase fishing licenses for you.)
- Use of our kayaks and row- boat, to enjoy the serenity of our anchorages.
- Permit fees to visit limited access areas, such as B.C. Parks and Parks Canada.
- First Nations Tourism Development Fees (Sustainability Fees).
- Very small groups of not more than 5 guests on Scheduled trips. In certain circumstances on our Private (custom) Charter, we may be able to have 6 guests.
What's not included in the price of your trip:
- Applicable tax (5% GST)
- Travel from your home to the point of origin of the trip
- Accommodation before or after your trip with us
- Tidal fishing license if you wish to fish. (Contact us for details before purchasing)
- Travel insurance for travel and your trip with us, is strongly suggested.
- A surcharge for some special diets may apply. If you require a special diet, please enquire at
time of booking.
- Gratuities for Captain, Chef, Crew Person.
Comparing our trips and our prices with other tour operators:
** Click on About Us to learn more. **
- Ask about group sizes, (how many guests will be on the trip).
Our group sizes are most often much smaller than those on other tours in the same area.
Our guests enjoy a more intimate experience... they are never just part of a crowd.
Smaller group sizes also mean we make less impact on the lands we visit and the wildlife we
view, something that is extremely important to us.
- Ask how long you will spend travelling each day on the trip.
Our trips are designed to spend less time travelling long distances each day so that we have
time for you to really get to know the places, the wildlife and the people along the way.
When our paths cross with nature's best OR we want to have lunch with Watchmen in
Gwaii Haanas or are invited to a First Nations feast, we have time to stop, for as long as we like,
and savour these life changing moments.
- Ask what you need to bring with you for your trip.
Especially when travelling by air, it's recommended to check on weight restrictions and number of bags you are allowed to check in.
In an effort to cut down on how much you need to bring on your trip with us,
we never ask you to bring bedding, towels, boots, and personal care products... they are all
on board, when you arrive.
When you have any questions, we are happy to answer them!