Schedule for 2013
Last updated Apr 2, 2013.
For further information or to book your trip now, click here !
- Prices are per person, in Canadian dollars.
- *Applicable tax, (5% GST) is extra and will be added to the price of your trip(s)..
- When planning your Custom Trip, please contact our office for your group rate. During Spring, Summer, and Fall, we can offer Custom Trips anywhere on the B.C. coast. During the Winter months, destinations can include the Vancouver Area, the Gulf Islands, Princess Louisa Inlet, or Desolation Sound. To ensure the dates and destination of your choice, we recommend that you book well in advance.
- In 2013, seaplane flights, high-speed ferry, and some taxi shuttles will be used to transport guests between departure points and the ship. While the cost of this transportation may be included in the price of your trip, no money will be refunded if seaplanes are not used.
- In 2014, the only travel between departure points and the ship that will be included in the price of the trip, will be those on Haida Gwaii trips.
2014 prices reflect this change.
What's included in the price of your trip:
- Private accommodation (based on double occupancy), aboard our 54 foot ship, Great Bear II. One single berth accommodation also available.
- In 2013, seaplane flights, high-speed ferry, and some taxi shuttles will be used to transport guests between departure points and our ship. While the cost of this transportation may be included in the price of your trip, no money will be refunded if seaplanes are not used.
- All bedding, including duvet with cover, sheets, and pillow(s) with cases complete your bed on board. Bath towels and facecloths are provided on board, with hand towels changed each day in the 2 bathrooms.
A selection of natural body washes, shampoos and conditioners by Aveda are provided.
- Guided excursions off the ship, each day.
Use of fishing gear on board if you"d like to fish. (Tidal fishing licence is not included and must be purchased prior to coming to the ship.)
- One full day at a bear viewing platform with our First Nations guide is included in the price of all "Islands of the Spirit Bear, Waters of the Humpback" and "Islands of the Spirit Bear / Inside Passage" trips.
- Knee high rubber boots are needed each time we leave the ship. If you would prefer to use our rubber boots rather than bring your own, please advise us of your size.
- All meals, snacks and beverages while on board.
- A selection of some of B.C.'s finest wines (all Vintner Quality Assured
(VQA) wines), are served with dinners.
- The professional services of your Captain/Wildlife guide, your Chef, and your Naturalist/Crew person are included. On many trips, there are additional guiding services by First Nations guides / Watchmen, that are included.
- Use of kayaks and other equipment on board.
- Permit fees to visit limited access areas are included as are B.C. Park permit fees and Parks Canada fees, when we are visiting these areas.
- First Nations Tourism Development Fees.
- Very small groups of 5-6 guests maximum.
What's not included in the price of your trip:
- Applicable taxes (see above)
- Airplane or other transportation to the point of origin of the trip.
- Accommodation if required at the point of origin of the trip.
- Tidal fishing licence if you wish to fish.
- Surcharge for special diets may apply. Please enquire at time of booking.
- Gratuities for Captain, Chef, Crew Person, customary in this business, as well as for First Nations Bear Guides when they guide with us.